I know, I know you think it is too early to even mention the ‘C’ word. However, if you are in charge of planning your company or team’s Christmas party then it really is best to plan ahead.
5 reasons why I prefer to plan Christmas events before the Summer gets started
- You are more likely to secure the venue of your choice
- You will be able to book your ideal date, i.e. Thursday in the second week of Christmas rather than a Monday mid-November
- You’ll have time to plan details such as theme, catering, photo-booth, entertainment, make-up artists etc.
- You are more likely to get a discount from the venue if you book early, leaving budget to spend on cocktails!
- All done and dusted, now you can relax and look forward to your summer holiday!
With this in mind, I went to the London Christmas Party Show today. It was held at the newly refurbished Spitalfield Venue, which resides in Christchurch, the English Baroque church designed by Nicholas Hawksmoor and who’s dramatic spire looks down on Old Spitalfields Market.
As you enter the fair, you don’t quite believe that it is Christmas but you get into the party atmosphere and the excitement of planning the best Christmas party yet. Decorated by Moore Production, the venue looks warm and enticing, I enter the grand room wanting to find what party planning secretes were ahead.
The range of exhibitors packed into the room was remarkable with yet more downstairs in the crypt. It really is the place to get your party booked all in a few hours as there were venues, caterers, event production companies, entertainers, make-up artist and even a temporary tattoo parlour. I enjoyed meeting all of the exhibitors, too many to mention here so I’ve listed everyone I met on the Three Shots Ahead Pinterest page. They are grouped into the relevant pin board, whether you are looking for London venues for over 50 people, an event agency that can organise the event for you or top caterers for your event.
A special thanks to Harbour and Jones as I won their #jingleinjuly competition, lunch for two, thanks team H+J! Thanks to London Christmas Party Show and Spitalfields Venues for arranging a lively and useful event. See you next year!