POW Digital Camp is growing from strength to strength and we need a Production Assistant to help deliver our next assignment in Whitechapel. POW Digital Camp is the training arm of Social Streets CIC, a social enterprise and digital practice using technology to increase participation in the local community.
About POW Digital Camp #POWWhitechapel
POW Digital Camp is a digital empowerment programme designed to grow high street businesses and to stimulate the local economy. POW Digital Camp began as a pilot in Tower Hamlets, one of the poorest boroughs in the country. It was devised to support businesses on high streets with little or no digital skills or online visibility. POW Digital Camp organises a programme of one-on-one Social Media MOTs, workshops, inspirational talks and mentoring.
Our vision is of a thriving local high street that provides the opportunity for local communities to flourish.
★ To increase connections within the community
★ To educate high street business owners about digital technology
★ To improve the digital skills of high street business owners
★ To make high streets more visible online
★ To provide opportunity for the local digital economy
★ To provide training for young people
★ To campaign for free wifi in all high streets
Production Assistant role
The successful candidate will be working under the guidance of Social Streets founder Tabitha Stapely on the following:
- To help organise the production of our main public events, principally booking venues, organising equipment and refreshments, and managing the Eventbrite list.
- To help build up our database of press contacts.
- To attend all events and provide any necessary support
Requirements of the role:
- Interest in digital marketing
- Love of local community
- Lives in East London or can easily travel to Whitechapel.
Payment and deployment
This is a freelance role and not office-based:
- Rate is at the London Living Wage of £9.40 per hour
- Hours can be taken flexibly over the three month programme
- The candidate will be reporting to Tabitha Stapely
- The candidate available ASAP
- More information on the tasks including estimated hours can be found on Social Street’s online project management software, TeamWork
- Estimated job worth is £400
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in the role or know someone who is. Thanks!